Why A Blog Grows Your Academic Footprint?
Your Academic Footprint will grow because a science blog allows you to:
- Do science outreach.
- Add more scientific bits to your scientific output.
- It allows non experts to find you and label you as “expert”.
- You share your knowledge.
- Address points you cannot cover in academic papers.
A science blog is the first step to expanding your Academic Footprint on the internet.
No way! Creating a science blog is extremely easy. After you watch these videos you can have your own blog up and running in 15 minutes.
Sign up now to the Next Scientist newsletter and you will have access to a video tutorial that guides you step by step on How To Create A Science Blog. It includes 6 videos with all the steps to:
- Registering a domain name for your science blog.
- How to install WordPress.
- Writing your first blog post.
- Editing the home page of your science blog.
- Installing themes to change the visual layout of your blog.
- How to add extra functions to your blog with plugins.
Don’t know how to create a science blog?
Starting a science blog doesn’t need to be overwhelming. We help you with choices that will determine the image your science blog will give to the world…
- Domain name
Once you have create a science blog, you can start growing your Academic Footprint. Why should you just rely on academic publications and giving talks at conference?
What can you write in a science blog?
- Describe your research projects.
- List your scientific publications.
- Discuss in depth your publications.
- Do science outreach for your research topics.
- Discuss potential research ideas and get feedback from readers.
Are there other perks of a science blog?
- You are not transparent anymore for Google.
- You have a website even if you switch institutions.
- People can contact you directly (email at email@example.com).